What’s on your RSS Reader?
I love Google Reader. It feels like I’ve learned so much just by reading and skimming through blogs and articles that other people put out. It is also amazing how a lot of really smart, knowledgeable people write because they want to share their experiences and knowledge.
Anyway, these are some of the SQL Server sites and blogs I read and monitor (in no particular order):
- Database Journal (including The MAK)
- SQL Server Central
- SQL Server Performance
- SQL Skills (including Kimberly Tripp, Paul Randal, Bob Beauchemin)
- SQLBlog (including Kalen Delaney, Kevin Kline, Adam Machanic, Paul Nielsen and Tibor Karaszi)
- Simple Talk
I also really like reading
- Brent Ozar (Becoming a DBA, How to Hire a DBA, SQL Server Best Practices)
- Jacob Sebastian (XQuery Lab, T-SQL Lab)
- Glen Berry
- Buck Woody
- Joe Webb
- Joe Sack (author of SQL Server 2000 Fast Answers and T-SQL Recipes series)
- Pinal Dave
- Jason Massie (have you seen the knock knock joke, and Bobby Tables – Captain VARCHAR(MAX) edition?)
I’m using Google Reader Discovery function to help me discover some more good blogs/sites on SQL Server, but it cannot keep up with me 😉
I didn’t mean to forget – I also read Brad McGehee‘s articles a lot! He is the founder of SQLServerPerformance.com. Check out these articles : Brad’s SureDBA Checklist, Professional Certification for DBAs and the rest of his articles.